Sometimes I think I am the only Java programmer in Australia who uses the Java Framework called Vaadin. For the most part my colleagues are deeply entrenched in Spring and have no time to lift their heads out of the Spring Documentation to experiment with a different type of Framework. One of the interesting features of Vaadin is its simple, but effective SQL Container Add On . It provides a simple layer on top of a database. The add on does not provide a JPA interface into the data ( this feature is supported by a different commercial add on ) it does however provide a nice, simple object model for queries and database connections. This short blog will focus on a Table Query using the SQL Container Add On. I will create other blogs in the future describing more complex features of the Add On. The first thing you need to establish is a Connection Pool. SimpleJDBCConnectionPool connectionPool = ne...
Comments
Post a Comment